Blues, Blues Christmas 1925 – 1955 – Full Album
– These prices include tax where applicable, packaging and worldwide shipping.
– To listen to a sample, use the play button to the left of any track below.
– To add a desired product to the cart please use the Add To Cart button.
– To view the cart, click on the Cart Icon located below the search bar above.
– This Download Album includes illustrated booklet notes & detailed discography.
Going hand in hand with Christmas is quite a number of New Year’s songs, a good vehicle for juxtaposing the problems of the past year with the glimmer of hope that the upcoming year will bring better fortune. Whether these artists sung these numbers as part of their regular repertoire is unclear but it’s almost certainly the case that many of these songs were recorded at the prompting of the record companies. Like any business they were always looking for a new angle or gimmick to sell records and advertised these boldly, often with full-page ads, in black newspapers like the Chicago Defender.
Perhaps you think this is a bit cynical but then you probably still believe in Santa Clause and good will towards men! Well, sit back, tip a glass of holiday cheer and enjoy our survey of yuletide classics spanning the 1920’s through the 1950’s, a simpler, more wholesome time – right!